The Project Manager position will be a single point of contact for the Contacting Officer and the Contacting Officer Representative. This position includes: designated as “key” and will ensure contractor employees are aware of, understand, and abide by the Department of Transportation/FMCSA established policies, regulations, and safety practices, and shall have full authority to act […]
The Project Manager position will be a single point of contact for the Contacting Officer and the Contacting Officer Representative. This position includes:
- designated as “key” and will ensure contractor employees are aware of, understand, and abide by the Department of Transportation/FMCSA established policies, regulations, and safety practices, and shall have full authority to act on matters pertaining to the services
- manage the performance of all contractor and subcontractor staff to direct successful communications among team resources, including but not limited to: a review of technical progress and issues, schedule, budget, and deliverables; identification of early alerts of potential problems; and early implementation of corrective actions.
- responsible for overall management of the task, including quality control for all products delivered to the Government and availability of resources to complete the contract. The Project Manager will interact continually with the COR and technical representatives to present interim results, discuss concerns, and ensure total product/service satisfaction.
- meet as required with the appropriate NTC Federal Staff assigned to each task item and the COR regarding the status, progress, and delivery of work and tasks under this contract, as well as attending all staff meetings as scheduled by the NTC Management team.
- be available to the assigned Federal NTC Management team and/or COR between the core hours, with the exception of Federal Government holidays.
- Requires the ability and knowledge to:
- Supervise contractor personnel
- Enforce work standards and schedules for contractor personnel
- Develop and update detailed work plans and schedules with milestones that are always available to the COR and technical managers
- Review and correct work discrepancies
- Communicate policies to all subordinates
- Organize, direct, and coordinate planning and execution of all tasks
- Assign duties/tasks and review work of staff
- Resolve problems, issues, or conflicts while ensuring that program schedule, performance, and deliverables are met
- Meet with the COR regarding the status, progress, and delivery of work
- Develop project plans and implementation plans for approved projects in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Take part in meetings, both scheduled and ad hoc, with NTC project managers and/or the COR to discuss ongoing efforts involving contractor personnel
- Provide weekly written status reports detailing the status of all ongoing development activities, including course development, webinar development, multimedia development, and other projects as identified
- Participate in a monthly meeting with all appropriate NTC and contractor staff, to review the status in detail of ongoing efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10 years of experience in management/business consulting and project management, training/education, distance learning, and curriculum development
- have demonstrated experience in successfully managing at least one completed project under a Federal contract, of comparable size and content to this contract.
- Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization and be willing to develop strong and positive relationships with staff and colleagues
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized and able to multi-task
- Public Trust Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
- 100% on-site client support