Training Course Specialist
The Training Course Support Assistant – Travel position provides basic administrative support for NTC as well as provide travel coordination support for all state partners. This includes: Provides prompt, courteous and efficient customer service when answering inquiries by phone, email or to in-person visitors to NTC Provides real time support and assistance to clients via […]
- Provides prompt, courteous and efficient customer service when answering inquiries by phone, email or to in-person visitors to NTC
- Provides real time support and assistance to clients via both oral and written communication as well as external supports and fellow employees
- Assists with maintaining the calendar of classroom/conference room reservations and assist with classroom layout and setup; communicate classroom reservation policies to customers
- Assists with routine office supply requisitions to include forecasting future requirements
- Provides weekly travel reports and status briefs to the Project Manager and Director, NTC
- Ensures the appropriate quantity of course materials and manuals are delivered on schedule for upcoming courses
- Processes requests for travel authorizations or travel vouchers within 48 hours of receipt
- Provide customer service for students and instructors throughout all stages of training in
the processing of travel arrangements for students, instructors, and staff, including:
making transportation and lodging reservations
- Preparing and processing necessary travel vouchers once travel is completed
- Compiling various reports related to the travel budget
- Provides assistance to Administration Specialist, Logistical Support with shipping and receiving operations via TIPTS, UPS, Fed-Ex, and other logistical tracking systems in support of requested courses and NTC Academy
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, sharepoint and logistical tacking systems (Fed-Ex, UPS)
- Must be capable of working unsupervised in a fast-paced environment; must be detail-oriented, well-organized and able to multi-task.
- Ability to work as a team player is essential.
- Combination of customer service experience, federal travel regulations and planning experience, and undergraduate college level coursework, or post-high-school training equivalent to four (4) years of full-time employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as scheduling expertise and high-quality customer service.
- Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization and be willing to develop strong and positive relationships with staff and colleagues
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Knowledge of E2
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized and able to multi-task
- Public Trust Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
- 100% on-site client support