Students, teachers the focus of new Dept. of Education peer review initiative
Washington, DC – March 5, 2019 – Longevity Consulting announced that it has been awarded multiple Peer Review Task Orders by the U.S. Department of Education (DoED). The below contracts were awarded: Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) – CCAMPIS supports the participation of low-income parents in postsecondary education through the provision of […]
Washington, DC – March 5, 2019 – Longevity Consulting announced that it has been awarded multiple Peer Review Task Orders by the U.S. Department of Education (DoED). The below contracts were awarded:
- Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) – CCAMPIS supports the participation of low-income parents in postsecondary education through the provision of campus-based child care services.
- Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEARUP) – GEARUP is designed to increase the number of low-income students who are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) – GAANN provides fellowships, through academic departments and programs of IHEs, to assist graduate students.
- Supporting Effective Educator Development Grant Program (SEED) – The SEED grant program provides funding to increase the number of highly effective educators.
- Teacher Quality Partnership Program (TQP) – TQP aims to increase student achievement by improving the quality of new prospective teachers.
- Training Program for Federal TRIO Staff (TRIO Training) – Funds are awarded to institutions of higher education and other public and private nonprofit institutions and organizations to support training to enhance the skills and expertise of project directors and staff employed in the Federal TRIO Programs.
- Native Youth Community Program (Office of Indian Education) – The Native Youth Community Program is designed to improve the education opportunities and achievement of preschool, elementary, and secondary school Indian children by developing, testing, and demonstrating effective services and programs.
- Professional Development (Office of Indian Education) – The Office of Indian Education is designed to prepare and train Indians to serve as teachers and school administrators.
As part of the above Peer Reviews, Team Longevity is tasked with creating and maintaining a competition peer reviewer and honoraria database, as well as preparing applications and peer reviewers for the review, coordinating and completing the peer review, and conducting peer review surveys. Additionally, Team Longevity will coordinate peer review panels, prepare competition materials and grant files, as well as create and disseminate technical review forms.
“We proudly support the Department of Education, and its mission to improve student achievement,” said Longevity President and Chief Executive Officer Bobby Long. These efforts will result in a contribution to the greater good of our society, and we are ecstatic to have the opportunity to provide continued peer review support for the Department.”